Who needs a Fire Safety Permit?

The provision of Massachusetts General Laws chapter 148 on Fire Prevention and the Commonwealth of Massachusetts Board of Fire Prevention Regulations 527 CMR require compliance from anyone seeking to:

  • Maintain, store, or handle materials, which produce conditions hazardous to life or property
  • Conduct processes, which produce conditions hazardous to life or property
  • Install equipment used In connection with such activities

Click on any of the links below for further information on the more common permit requests.

If you are unsure concerning permit requirements, contact the Goshen Fire Department’s Fire Prevention Department at (413) 268-7161 (extension 2)

Current fees listed on the links below are subject to change.

All permit fees must be made by check payable to the Town of Goshen.

What activities most often require a permit in Goshen?

Open Air Fires

Can I have a bonfire?

Can I have a campfire in my backyard?

Smoke Detector Inspection (26F)

Smoke Detector and CO (Carbon Monoxide) Detector Inspection (26F 1/2)

Oil Burner or New Tank Inspection

Tank Removal Inspection

Fire Protection System Permit (sprinkler or alarm system)